Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sew She Knits...and figures out her 2011 Race Schedule

Just about finished with the 2-year scarf project and still very sad about not getting in to IronMan AZ 2011 (darned computer registration process) so I am throwing myself into race planning. While I'd love to jump right into IronMan KY, I know it is better to get another year of racing under my belt before attempting such a challenging race.

Thanks to my failed attempt to register for IMAZ, I have my USAT membership updated and I'm ready to sign up for my "plan B" races. I'm hoping to bookend my season with Half Iron distance races. Looks like IronMan Florida 70.3 in May....and Rev3 South Carolina Half in October. I've already signed up for the Acworth Women's Sprint in August. Just need to find a race or two to fit in the middle somewhere...preferably an Olympic distance race. I won a free race through Georgia Multisports so I'm waiting for their calendar to fill in and I like the idea of IronGirl Atlanta (not really in Atlanta but Gainesville...go figure?).

My friend, Holly, was able to get in to IMAZ 2011 and I'll be cheering her on all the way. It will be exciting and inspiring to see her put in the work to get to the finish line. I'll plan to do the same in 2012...only at IMKY. I think that is my race...we'll see...

Now, to the next knitting project...hmmm...

No comments: