
Finished the silly "two year scarf" except for blocking the darned thing. It has turned chilly so I'll actually get to wear it once it is all set. How could I NOT knit yarn called "Looking Glass" & "Frog Prince"? Thinking of going back to the monster Hanne Faulkenberg project. Millions and millions of knit stitches and not a single purl.
As for Tri training...I actually got my seven mile run in yesterday and the 3200 yard swim. I think my coach is trying to kill me in the pool. The workouts are great but seriously challenging for this newbie. I have a 30 minute run and a 90 minute Cycling class called The Grind tonight. Last week, during my first class, I actually fell out of the trainer - Bike and All. Embarrassing, yes. I also think I figured out that my rear brake was on...for the entire class. Leave it to me to make a tough class that much tougher. The fall to the concrete floor in front of my new Tri Team members and coach ranks right up there with inadvertently showering in the men's locker room at LA Fitness after a swim session last year. I'm hoping for a better experience tonight.
I have signed up for two 2011 races: The Acworth Women's Sprint in August ('cause it is just so much fun to race in the hottest month of the year in GA) and the Rev3 Half South Carolina in October. Lots of race registrations open up tomorrow so I'll add to the calendar then. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'm not doing a full IM next year. Still not happy about it but I hope to be someday soon!
2 comments:
I don't REALLY think your nuts. Maybe a little nuts, but aren't we all? What is the South Carolina thing you are doing?
; ) Rev3 is a Triathlon series...there is a Half ironman distance race in Anderson, SC in October. I'm going to race that one with John (or try to catch him, at least!). I'm also thinking about a Spring tri in Charleston...you game?
Post a Comment